Location: Home -  FAQs
  • Q:

    What is a Foreign Expert Certificate?

  • What is a Foreign Expert Certificate?
  • A:

    This certificate is needed if you are a foreign teacher in China. It is mainly used by you/your school to exchange part of your salary (up to 70% monthly) into hard currency. This is their verification and your proof that the exchange has been made. At one time, the certificate could be used for discounted airfares/train fares in China due to different fares for Chinese and foreigners. Fares are now supposed to be equal and the certificate has no real effect in travel rates. It might help in some hotels.